Who We are
The Every Voice Engaged Foundation is a 501(c)3 nonprofit that helps citizens, governments and nonprofit organizations solve problems that benefit from effective civic engagement. We target issues that are complex, divisive and multifaceted, bringing ordinary citizens into the conversation with governments, nonprofits and industry to solve challenging issues such as municipal budgeting, community redevelopment and urban planning and natural resource planning (such as the current water crisis in California). Our participatory budget programs including Budget Games, Budget Allocator, and Community Decides programs have been successfully implemented in cities around the world and over many years by San Jose, CA starting in 2011.
What We do
Through our strategic and nonpartisan initiatives we target complex, divisive and multi-faceted issues that are unsolvable without true civic engagement.
How We do it
We use serious, social, collaborative games and techniques to bring ordinary citizens into the conversation with governments, nonprofits and industry to solve intractable problems.
Our solutions have helped hundreds of organizations to:
- Plan and produce Participatory Budgeting events that enable residents to collaboratively prioritize spending initiatives.
- Activate resources through engagement and making sure that all voices are heard.
- Enable difficult conversations, both internally and with constituents.
- Produce actionable insights not available from surveys or focus groups.
- Resolve competing priorities and get “unstuck” using proven tools and processes.
- Create virtuous cycles of success so that even tougher challenges can be tackled confidently.
Typical groups include:
- cities & towns
- neighborhood and homeowners associations
- schools/school districts
- arts groups boards of directors